iPad2

Talk about Apple products
herbie

iPad2

Post by herbie » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Got an old iPad2, been playing Simpsons Tapped Out for years and years (to waste time, like Solitaire) and it crashes 7 -10 times before I can complete one single session. Restoring it for the second time to see if that helps. I ran into - did not save your last Springfield.
AARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!
Six years of building and over 300 donuts!!!
If I'm talking to you and you mention you work for EA you better start running!!!! :twisted:
naw

Re: iPad2

Post by naw » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am

Hey herbie!

I have an iPad4 that won't take a charge. It's been sitting in a drawer for a couple of years not sure if it's worth getting fixed. I have 8 other Apple devices I use on a daily basis and a Windows 10 machine. (can I say that in here?) :o ;) :D

Most of it is used for surveillance and of course some for fun :)
herbie

Post by herbie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:44 pm

I dunno if it's worth getting fixed, you should take it in an see if the cost is worth it. Met a lady who wouldn't shell out the $500 Apple wanted for fixing a barely out of warranty 15" Macbook Pro even when I told her they were worth over 3 grand for a new one.
But I fixed my iPad!!!
I did the reset thing, the one where you totally wipe and reload iOS and the bootloader when I got that message and it restored the rest from iCloud. Then I remembered I did a full backup with iTunes onto a PC just before I began the whole procedure.
Restored it from the PC and voila! All I lost was the Tapped Out play I did that morning. Got my Springfield and all the donuts back.

Kind of like that game as it's along the lines of a play game my friends and I used to do when we were little. Grab the money from Monopoly, and pretend to set up a town with people and jobs and houses and cars, etc. Capitalism, Grade 3 style.

Also hear they're about to launch a NEW iPad, A10 chip, runs a stylus and lower price: $400 range.
naw

Post by naw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 pm

with the new iPad starting at $329USD I believe I will use liquid nail and attach the iPad 4 to the ceiling of the garage and say it is the start of the "universe's black hole." :lol: :roll:
herbie

Post by herbie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Best costume I saw a guy had an iPad on his back FaceTimed to one taped to his stomach. Cut a hole in his T shirt framed with blood and walked around. You could see through the hole! :D
herbie

Post by herbie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Forgot about his thread!
I bought one of the new iPads and it blows the doors off my iPad2. It will also use the Apple pencil like the Pro models. Games now play, no more incessant crashing.